This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (here after referred to as the Data Subject), that is not already in the public domain.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the UK and EU. It should be noted that UK GDPR does not apply to information already within the public domain.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd acts as a Data Processor on behalf of the Local Authority, the Data Controller.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice for members of the public who may have been issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice on behalf of the Local Authority.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd uses the information collected from you together with approved methods of address verification in order to issue a Fixed Penalty Notice for an Environmental Crime offence.
The information collected may include the following categories of personal data:
· Date of birth
· Location of offence
· Type of offence
· And other relevant evidential information
The information collected may include the following categories of special category data:
· Description of the alleged offender including race and gender
We may also collect body worn camera footage of the interaction between the officer and the member of the public.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd will only collect and process the personal information needed so that it can provide the Local Authority with the services agreed.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
Kingdom LA Support Ltd process this personal data to meet our contractual obligations to our clients, the Local Authority, and the legal obligation in the issuance of Fixed Penalty Notices as “authorised officers”.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd will only pass your personal data to relevant authorised officers within the Local Authority as per the relevant legislation and within the terms of the Local Authority contract.
Kingdom LA Support Ltd will process personal data during the duration of the contract with the Local Authority and will continue to store only the personal data needed
· Environmental Enforcement Fixed Penalty Back Office Management System
o Data is retained for 7 years OR until the end of the contract with the Local Authority. At this point the data is returned to the Local Authority (the Data Controller).
o There is an exception to the above retention period when the FPN has been cancelled or withdrawn. In this case personal data will be deleted from the data base after 6 months.
· Body Worn Camera Footage
o Footage with potential evidential value will be retained for as long as the FPN is going through the legal process.
o Footage relating to FPNs that have been cancelled or withdrawn, will be deleted after 30 days.
o Footage relating to FPNs that have been paid will be deleted after 30 days.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Kingdom LA Support Ltd does not store personal data outside the EU/EEA.
Your Rights As A Data Subject
At any point whilst Kingdom LA Support Ltd is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
· Right of access – you have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. This may be withheld if the FPN is still part of an ongoing investigation.
· Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated decision processing, including profiling – you have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Kingdom LA Support Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, erasure, restriction and objection we will provide you with a reason as to why (which you have the right to legally challenge).
You can request the following information:
Kingdom LA Support Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can also request the following:
· Identity and contact details of the person or organisation (Kingdom LA Support Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
· Contact details of the data protection officer.
· The purpose of processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
· If the processing is based on legitimate interests of Kingdom LA Support Ltd, or a third party, such as one of its clients.
· How long the data will be stored.
· The categories of personal data collected, stored, and processed.
· Recipients(s) or categories of recipients that the data is / will be disclosed to.
· Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
· Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
· How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
· Whether the provision of personal data is statutory or contractual, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
· The source of the personal data if it was not directly collected from you.
· Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Accessing Personal Data held by Kingdom LA Support Ltd
Under Articles 12 and 15 of the UK GDPR, Data Subjects are allowed to:
· Obtain confirmation as to whether their personal data is being processed and the lawful basis for processing.
· Obtain copies of this information with 1 month of request.
However, Kingdom LA Support Ltd are permitted to:
· Refuse requests / charge a reasonable administration fee where requests are manifestly unfound, vexatious, excessive, or repetitive
· Confirm the identity of the requester before releasing any information. Proof of identity will be required before releasing information and where we are not satisfied with the quality, further information will be requested. All requests should be made to email@example.com
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Kingdom LA Support Ltd or by its partners, you have the right to complain to Kingdom’s Group Data Protection Officer. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The contact details for each of these:
Kingdom Services Group Ltd
Woodlands Business Park
1 Aston Road
Telephone: 0845 051 7700
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 Fax: 01625 524510 https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/