Charlie Miller is Head of Service (Scotland).
The Head of Service takes full responsibility for the contract from when it is awarded, and is responsible for total client interface, best practice, advice and performance levels and takes an active role to ensure security is being effective to its maximum potential.
The core responsibilities of Charlie’s role are as follows:
- Contract profitability and resource is utilised efficiently
- Quality on contract
- Client liaison and meetings
- Strategic and contract –wide view; effectively balancing the needs of the customer to deliver innovative security solutions, best practice, best value and continuous improvement to deliver service excellence and a seamless delivery of customer expectations.
- Identify areas of risk
- Regulation & compliance (including H&S)
- Timely resolution to any contract concerns raised.
Charlie’s key industry experience includes 25+ years managerial experience within the Private Security Industry. This has included deploying and developing security staff and management for organizations involved in the commercial, industrial, retail and construction industry sectors. His previous roles include being a Security supervisor, Contracts Manager and Operations Manager.
Charlie’s qualifications include:
- Security Institute: Diploma in Security Management Level 5
- NOCN Level 2 - in Security Guarding
- BS 7858-Security Screening Qualification
- NaCTSO: Project Griffin “a police initiative to protect our cities and communities from the threat of terrorism”
Some of his key achievements in the industry include:
- Key player on the SIA steering committee prior to implementing the procedures and requirements of the industry’s compliance with The Private Security Industry Act 2001.
- Member of the Security Institute,
- Directorship of the BSIA (British Security Industry Association) 2008- 2011
- Vice Chairman security manned guarding section of the BSIA: 2009-2011
When asked what his best job challenge was, he said managing a small to medium enterprise (SME) which became the first SME in Scotland to secure SIA Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) accreditation and maintained and improved the annual assessment score, ensuring they remained within the top quartile of the approved contractor’s scheme for organizations of their size.
Charlie’s role benefits the customer in the following ways:
- Creating ‘partnership relationships’ with clients, frequently at Director level, to develop and maintain established KPI’s.
- Ensuring Industry best practice values and operational procedures are maintained. Identify areas for continuous improvement; implement those improvements within budget, efficiently.
- Provide professional advice and assistance on security related services that enhance and protect our client’s people and assets in line with their expectations.