Kingdom is very pleased to announce that Breda Smead has joined Kingdom’s Leadership Team
as the new Operations Director South as of November 2017.
The main purpose of Breda’s role is to influence strategic change and to provide integrated customer service excellence through professional people, innovative systems and solutions, robust processes and procedures, best practice and best value. This results in positive customer satisfaction, longstanding partnerships, eventual contract renewal and customers willing to act as a reference, meaning enhanced revenue and sustainable profitability for Kingdom.
Breda’s role also includes:
• Leading, supporting and managing security teams and their service performance through meeting notes, service level agreements (SLAs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and providing a timely resolution of any contract concerns
• Knowing the customer and providing professional and positive management to an allocated portfolio of security contracts, managing their service on a day to day basis and providing a timely resolution to any contract concerns raised
• Reporting and analysis of performance
• The retention, welfare and personal development of Kingdom’s people
• The regulation, implementation, and compliance of Kingdom management systems for quality, health & safety, environmental and other appropriate manuals, policies, processes, procedures and business strategies
Breda is passionate about service and effective communication, and has excellent presentation and communication skills. She describes her strongest attribute as relationship building, and she is constantly looking at technology to improve the ways we work and to add value to our customers. A key part of her role is to build true and lasting relationships.
Breda has over thirty years’ experience of working in the security industry. Before joining Kingdom this year, Breda spent seven years as Regional Director at Corps Security. Prior to that, she worked at MITIE Security in London for 20 years – the first 17 as Head of Operations, and the last three as Regional Managing Director. Before that she spent two years as Head of Personnel at Trident Safeguards Ltd, and two years before that as Recruitment Manager at Reliance Security Services.
Her qualifications include ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) Level 3, Financial Management from the IoD (Institute of Directors), Leadership Trust and Managing Safely.
All of this means that she has the skills, knowledge and experience to provide advice and guidance during the mobilisation of any new contract or TUPE transition period, and that she can provide best practice throughout the duration of any contract.
Outside of work, Breda’s personal interests including reading, walking her dogs and DIY - she describes herself as an enthusiastic home renovator. She also enjoys spending time with her large extended family, and describes one of her greatest achievements in life as having raised four children whilst managing to stay relatively sane! She is also proud to have gained her Skippers License in 2003 despite having no former sailing experience whatsoever, and describes this as one of the biggest challenges she has faced.
Welcome to Kingdom, Breda!